Nine Tips to ‘Know Before You Go’ to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the highly-anticipated new lands coming to Disneyland Resort in
California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, will invite guests to step into the Star Wars universe for the very first time and live their own Star Wars adventures.
To help plan ahead and prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, Calif., here are some tips to “know before you go” to this epic, new land, opening May 31.
1. Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Guests visiting during this time will need valid theme park admission and a reservation to enter the new land at Disneyland. At this time, reservations are no longer available.
2. Guests can still get a reservation to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23*. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23 will receive a designated reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). Hotel guests will be notified of their reservation date and time with their registration confirmation. If the hotel reservation is cancelled, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will be cancelled.
3. No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time.*
4. Reservations will no longer be required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after June 23. As needed, to manage demand, Disneyland Resort will implement a virtual queueing system to visit the new land so guests can enjoy the rest of the resort while waiting to visit Batuu. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access available from the main page, on which guests can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once they have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the land and they can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland Park, if a guest is not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
5. The current Disneyland Resort costume policy will be in effect in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older. Appropriate Disney bounding – dressing in outfits inspired by favorite characters – is permitted.
6. Guests should download the official Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead and make the most of their visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The Disneyland app** allows guests to check the attraction wait time, locate character encounters and even utilize the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when they are in the new land.
7. Prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app in advance of your arrival. The Play Disney Parks app** allows guests to deepen their engagement with the land and interact with the world around them on the planet Batuu. Guests who choose to engage through the app will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
8. Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney’s goal is to provide a great guest experience. For
example, guests who are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will have the ability to purchase snacks, utilize a continued process to visit the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app to make wait times fun, interactive and enjoyable.
9. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge isn’t the only thing that’s new this summer at Disneyland Resort! There’s never been a better time for your Clients to check out exiting experiences throughout the Disneyland Resort, including:
• Take a ride on the recently opened Jessie’s Critter Carousel at Disney California Adventure Park.
• Delight in a freshly reimagined Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Park.
• Savor the breathtaking World of Color, which recently made its stunning return to Disney California Adventure Park.
• Snap some Instagram-worthy shots at the all-new Pop-Up Disney! A Mickey Celebration at Downtown Disney.
• Watch as the magic of Disney animation and music come to life at “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” at Disney California Adventure Park.
• Indulge in over-the-top ice cream creations at Black Tap, which is now open at Downtown Disney.
* Access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experiences is subject to capacity. After June 23, 2019, when reservations will no longer be required, access to Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and experiences is subject to capacity.
** Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations, and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permissi