Mickey’s Travel has been designated by Disney Destinations as an “Authorized Disney Vacation Planner” based on its strong support in selling Disney vacations. Mickey’s Travel has been in business since 1994 and has gained specialized knowledge on vacations to the Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line® and Adventures by Disney® vacations.
We recently received an award from Disney as a top tier travel agency for 2015 CLICK HERE
Our agents have received extensive training on Disney Destinations, theme parks, resorts, cruises, vacation packages and more and can provide the utmost in professional assistance in planning customized Disney vacations. In fact, one reason the agency attained the “Authorized Disney Vacation Planner” status is that all their travel agents are College of Disney Knowledge graduates. The College of Disney Knowledge is an in-depth comprehensive course that allows agents to develop their expertise regarding the Disney Destinations – knowledge that consumers can take advantage of when planning a Disney vacation.
See what Disney Parks Moms Panel say about using Authorized Disney Vacation Planners
Mickey’s Travel is very serious about your Disney vacation. We’ve been in business since 1994 because we exceed expectations and we have a reputation for excellence. Mickey’s Travel agents are not stay at home moms who went on a couple vacations to Disney.
This is our profession as well as our passion. Our agents are trained professionals who are there to help you plan a fantastic Disney vacation. A Certified Vacation Planner for Mickey’s Travel needs to meet the following specific requirements:
- To become a Certified Vacation Planner an agent at Mickey’s Travel must have multiple past trips to Walt Disney World, Disneyland and cruised on the Disney Cruise Line during the last 5 years.
- All Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planners are required to vacation at Walt Disney World or Disneyland every year and take a Disney Cruise voyage or ship inspection every 5 years minimum.
- Each Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner, while on their personal vacation at a Disney destination, must make two other Disney resort inspections and meet with the day manager. The agent fills out our resort inspection report and sends it to the main office for review.
- Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planners have hours of formal training and are well versed in all Disney destination as well as Disney policies and requirements
- Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner must initially pass an extensive test. This test is not about Disney trivia but about planning Disney vacations. Example questions:
What WDW one bedroom villas have 2 bathrooms?
On Disney Cruise stateroom categories what does the letter after the number mean?
What are the 3 questions you are required to ask a Disney reservation agent when making any reservation?
- Each Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner must take a yearly Disney College of Knowledge Program courses and updates.
- Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner must pass Mickey’s Travel yearly qualifying exam.
- All Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planners are required to take at least one CLIA continuing education course each year.
- Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner are required to do a site inspection within the first year a new resort opens
- Each Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner must do a Disney Cruise Line ship tour within two years of her maiden voyage or retrofit
- A third party consultant makes an actual reservation with each Mickey’s Travel Certified Vacation Planner once a year to test their competence unknown to the agent. The consulting company provides us the reservation and all communication with the agent. The home office looks over the reservation and verifies the agent is following Mickey’s Travel stringent procedures and protocol. This ensures 100% satisfaction.
A Word From The Owner
Hi my name is Vinnie Amico and I am the owner of Mickey’s Travel. I have over 79 personal visits just to Walt Disney World alone and have sent thousands families on vacation to Disney since 1994.
First off I want to thank you for considering Mickey’s Travel for you upcoming Disney vacation. I realize you have many choices and on the outside Mickey’s Travel looks like many other agencies you may have visited. Unlike many please be assured you are dealing with a professional travel agency.
Walt Disney has inspired me with his values and his philosophies and Mickey’s Travel emulates them. I am very cautious with whom I share my dream and my reputation. I hand pick each agent from hundreds of applications. Our agents are very extraordinary people and are an extension of what I believe in and what Mickey’s Travel is all about. You are in the best hands and they will awe you!
If you ever have any concerns or want to share anything with me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All of us at Mickey’s Travel look forward to planning your Disney vacation.
ºoº Vinnie Amico ºoº